Tuesday, March 26, 2013

SJ2: A SOUL'S DESIRE

 

Genre: YA Fantasy
Word Count: 60,000

Everyone has a dark side. Mandy’s just moved in with her.


Mandy Matteo was going to make a wish and that bummed me out. I’d granted hundreds of wishes over the years and normally it’s all groovy. A job is a job and few of them ever fazed me. But I knew exactly what would happen with this one. This wish would turn my world inside out too. Bring the biggest of my regrets up from the depths.

I went to Kaf, my master, on his mountain top and begged, begged, begged him to let someone else from his clan of indentured servants take this one. I’d do anything. I’d take on the worst wishes (not all were flowers and butterflies) for the next week. The next month. I’d tell everyone what a great guy he was. Which, believe me, was some promo he could use.

I’d add five more years to my sentence.

Kaf looked down on me from his perch with those piercing emerald eyes. “Oh, Desiree,” he said and started to laugh. A noise that was part amused, part wicked, part psychotic and went on for so long I finally split, knowing that was the only response I’d get.

So I locked myself in my bus and rolled a joint and sat there in the sweet haze, waiting for Mandy to make that damned wish.

 

2 comments:

  1. My dart hits the 17 pie ... Carlie Webber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double Line for A Souls Desire--Nicole Resciniti

    ReplyDelete