Monday, September 17, 2012

Want to host a Get Your Pitch On Workshop?


It's not long to go now until Get Your Pitch On details are revealed. Yah!

Get Your Pitch On is a chance for YA writers to pitch to an editor! She has told me that she's looking for YA in any genre and the writer can be based anywhere in the world.

Right now I'm looking for more bloggers to host workshops prior to the contest opening. Here's what's involved:

  • Workshops run from October 1 until the contest opens 15 October.
  • Take on 5 to 10 pitches on your blog - pitches are to be between 50 - 70 words.
  • Each pitch needs to be a separate post to allow for feedback in the comments.
  • Provide feedback on improving the pitch and encourage other people to provide feedback.
It's up to the host blogs if they want additional requirements, such as writers much be a follower of the host blog to be part of the workshop.

 The blogs that have signed up so far include:
The competition will have a maximum for 100 entries per blog over Down Under Wonderings and YAtopia - so 200 in total. Which means we need lots of blogs to be involved to help writers hone their entries.

You can host a workshop and still enter the competition. So if you're interested, go to the contacts page on my website and shoot me an email or add your details in the comments (blog and email).

post signature

15 comments:

  1. Wahoo, I'd love to! EllieWrites2.wordpress.com & the same moniker (EllieWrites2) as a gmail acct. (trying to avoid spambots :-) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I should host it at http://elliewrites2.blogspot.com/ - Think the embedding of the comments is easier there. Thanks! :-)

      Delete
  2. I'd love to host. Larissa's World: www.lchardesty.blogspot.com

    lchardesty at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not on the list? blog is 2000 words . wwww.paradoxgrl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read about your workshop over at YA topia and would love to host!
    I'm Talynn and my blog is Ink in the Book at
    inkinthebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. If we can still sign up, I'd love to host a workshop (I can't enter, since mine is a WIP, but I'd enjoy helping others get their pitch on!).

    alextriestoblog.blogspot.com

    email: alex.brown815 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  6. if you still blogs I would love to host, this is so exciting my email is
    psangare72(at)gmail(dot)(com)
    My blog: http://authorscornerpaulakouman.blogspot.com/.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry wrong email it's psangare51(@)gmail(dot)(com)

      Delete
  7. If you still need host blogs, I can help out. My blog is http://whimsicalquestsofacuriousmind.blogspot.com/ and my email is naggingdilemma(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can host a some if you'd like -- though I'm new to blogging so you'll have to tell me exactly how you want this done. If I just copy and paste into a blog post, that's easy.
    Let me know! http://whyawrite.wordpress.com/ or email me at craigschmidt@Msn.com
    -Craig

    ReplyDelete